Consult required before microblading appointment: $25.00 and will be applied towards your microblading service if booked.
Initial Microblading Session
Initial Microblading Session: $500
Follow-up 30 days after initial session $100.00
Most people require a touch-up or follow-up appointment after the first microblading procedure. The follow-up is an opportunity to add, darken, and/or adjust eyebrows. This appointment can be scheduled 30 days after the first procedure. Any and all changes can only be made after a minimum of 30 days following the first appointment. Appointments scheduled after this time period will be considered a color boost (see below).
Follow-Up Appointment: $100
A color boost is a maintenance appointment scheduled for clients that have received the first microblading procedure and the follow-up procedure.
Color Boost Session: starts at $175
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions About Microblading
What is Microblading?
Microblading is done by using a unique hand instrument with a small row of very fine needles that deposit pigment into the dermis with slicing, feathering strokes. The pigment is implanted in the basal membrane, which divides the epidermis from the Dermis layer of the skin. This creates very crisp, fine hair strokes that don’t blur after healing like you would experience with a traditional permanent makeup machine.
Does it hurt?
This is designed to be a gentle procedure with minimal discomfort. In the beginning, you will feel a scratching feeling while we are marking the shape and design of the brow. A numbing gel is then applied which is absorbed into the skin within a few seconds. Once the gel has absorbed, you will have little feeling. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort. It is also suggested to not have caffeine before the procedure.
How long will it last?
Microblading treatments are considered semi-permanent and will not wash off, however, they will fade over time and may need to be refreshed every 1-2 years. Frequency of sessions depends on a number of factors including: the pigment color used (lighter colors fade faster), lifestyle (sun exposure), and if any chemical peels come into contact with treated areas.
Please note that final results CANNOT be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your second session and make any changes necessary. Multiple sessions are normal for microblading procedures, with each new procedure requiring a minimum of 2 visits. Your second session can be booked no sooner than 6 weeks from the first session.
A few things can affect the longevity of your treatment:
- Sun exposure: The sun will extremely soften the look of your tattoo, so sunblock should be used (once healed) to prolong your enhancement. A hat should be worn during the first two weeks if exposed to the sun for long periods.
- The speed at which the skin absorbs the pigment: The slower the absorption, the longer the pigment will hold.
- The choice of color: Some colors fade quicker than others, e.g. a blonde color will fade quicker than a dark brown color.
- Bleeding during the procedure: Any bleeding during the tattooing procedure will reduce the amount of pigment absorption. Alcohol and certain medications act as blood-thinners and should not be taken prior to and following your appointment.
After booking your appointment you will be given more detailed pre- and post-care instructions.
- Airbrush Spray Tanning
- Brow Lamination
- Eyelash Extensions
- Lash Lift
- Chemical Peels
- Light Therapy
thin eyebrows can be addressed with a procedure called microblading
The pencil-thin eyebrows of the 90 shave disappeared and the bushy brows of the 80s are back; nevertheless, for those who have not been blessed with a fuller brow, who have lost their thick, beautiful brow due to repeated plucking or as part of the natural aging process, this fashion trend can be a difficult one to accomplish. The good news is that today, thin eyebrows can be addressed with a procedure called microblading.
While most people who have thin brows use an eyebrow pencil to fill in the bare-looking areas of their eyebrows and createan illusion of thickness, this daily process can be time-consuming. In addition, getting it right takes practice. Women who do not want to spend that extra time getting ready and those who do not like the practice of filling in the bare areas because they are concerned about their brows fading throughout the day are choosing to have this revolutionary eyebrow-enhancing procedure.At the Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, brow artists perform microblading treatments to provide women with the thick, full-looking eyebrows they desire.
What is Microblading?
This treatment uses semi-permanent ink to make the eyebrow appear thicker than it really is. Using this ink, a brow artist places special pigments beneath the top layer of the skin (epidermis). Each stroke is carefully placed and made to look just like a tiny hair; thus, allowing for a natural-looking, fuller eyebrow. So, this procedure is basically a very shallow-placed tattoo.During the microblading process, ink is deposited into the outermost layer of the skin; whereas, when traditional tattoos are created, the ink is deposited into the dermis, which is located beneath the five layers of the epidermis.
Individuals who should consider microblading treatments are those who:
- Are interested in having thicker eyebrows.
- Have healthy skin.
- Are in good overall health.
To ensure the best outcome possible, the brow artists at the Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, recommend that individuals interested in having microblading treatments avoid using anti-aging treatments (e.g., retinol) or acne medications (e.g., Accutane) for some time prior to their procedures.
Who is Not a Good Candidate for This Kind of Eyebrow Treatment?
Individuals who have bleeding disorders, allergies to ink and/or active inflammatory skin conditions near the eyebrows (e.g., shingles, eczema, etc.), are not considered good candidates for this procedure. Once these issues clear up, these individuals may be a good candidate for microblading.
Lifestyle factors, such as a recent chemical peel or waxing can compromise the healing process; therefore, individuals who have just had these procedures need to wait to have this treatment.
Chronic medical conditions that can affect the body’s ability to heal, including diabetes and thyroid disorders, are also of concern.To ensure the client’s safety, individuals who have any kind of chronic condition need to speak with their general practitioner about having microblading before scheduling an appointment at the Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. After receiving approval, please make an appointment. Be sure to tell the brow artist about any current medical conditions.
How is Microblading Performed at Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana?
The brow artist uses pen-like tools that have extremely fine needles (microneedles) on them. The number of microneedles on a tool can vary from seven to 16, or more: These microneedles are also placed in various configurations. To provide the client with realistic details, several different microblading tools will be used during the procedure.In addition, the artist may use a shading technique while creating the brow: When performing this technique, the artist deposits the ink manually by ‘plucking’ the skin.
Is the Microblading Process Painful?
This procedure is gentle, causing minimal discomfort. Initially, clients will feel a scratching sensation as the brow artist marks the design and shape of the eyebrow. Once the marking process is complete, the brow artist applies a numbing gel to the surface of the skin being treated. It takes a few seconds for the skin to absorb the gel. Once the numbing gel takes effect, the microblading procedure begins. Since the area being treated is numb, the client does not experience any pain.
Preparing for a Microblading Procedure in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The brow artists at the Coco Lash Beauty Bar recommend that women avoid having this procedure performed during their menstrual cycle as this may cause an increase in the amount of discomfort they experience.
Clients who bleed during their microblading procedures reduce the amount of pigment their skin absorbs; therefore, clients need to avoid drinking alcoholic beverages and taking medications or herbal supplements that are known to thin the blood prior to and after their procedures. Medications and supplements that thin the blood include aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs (e.g., Aleve, Motrin, etc.), prescription blood thinners (e.g., Coumadin, Pradaxa, etc.) and certain herbal supplements (e.g., ginger, ginkgo biloba, etc.).
Clients should also avoid caffeine directly before having their procedure.
How Long Does a Microblading Procedure Take?
The first treatment takes the longest (up to two hours).However, this time includes the consultation, paperwork as well as plan development for the brow shape and thickness that the client desires. Clients who would like their eyebrows to appear more natural should ask the eyebrow artist to follow the natural shape of their eyebrow, as opposed to creating a new shape.
A Microblading Procedure at Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- The skin-numbing gel is applied to the treatment area.
- Once the numbing agent takes effect, the procedure begins.
- The procedure itself usually takes about 45 minutes to complete.
What to expect during the recovery process:
- While the procedure itself is not painful, once the numbing gel wears off, some amount of discomfort should be expected.
- Typically, a microblading procedure takes about two weeks to heal: Clients may receive a two-week aftercare plan from their brow artist.
- The day after the procedure, clients should not be alarmed if their eyebrow areas appear dark, this is normal.
- The areas treated will soften and peel. This peeling process may resemble dandruff or it may consist of patchy chunks of skin.
- The color will look as if it disappears, but then it will return.
- After about a month, healing is complete and the true color of the eyebrows becomes visible.
- Itching, minor crusting and a slight redness that extends no more than a centimeter around the treated area is expected.
Signs of Infection Following a Microblading Procedure
While infection following this type of procedure is rare, if any signs of infection are present, the patient needs to contact the Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at (225) 361-0227.
Signs of infection include:
- Significant inflammation.
- Fluid oozing from the treated areas.
Caring for the Eyebrows During Recovery
To help the eyebrows heal, clients should keep their brows free of oil; however, to ensure the best healing possible, the brows must remain moist. The eyebrow artist will provide the client with an ointment to use throughout recovery.
Avoid touching the brows or getting them extremely wet for 10 days. Keep the hair/bangs away from the brows as they heal. Remember to apply the ointment supplied by the eyelash artist on-and-off throughout the day, as this aids in the healing process. One of the Coco Lash Beauty Bar’s experienced brow artists can recommend skincare products designed for individuals with dry or oily skin.While out-and-about, wear large sunglasses to hide the brows during the scabbing process.
What clients need to avoid as they recover:
- Participating in sporting activities.
- Using saunas and Jacuzzis.
- Taking hot baths and showers.
- Scratching their eyebrow area.
- Tugging on their eyebrow area.
- Wearing makeup, for at least a week.
- Exposing their brows to the UV/UVA rays from the sun or from a tanning bed.
- Using the chemicals/products that are designed to mimic a suntan.
- Being in areas that have a lot of airborne debris (e.g., the amount of debris released while cleaning an attic, basement or garage).
- Undergoing chemical or laser treatments of the face and/or neck.
- Driving/Riding in ‘open air’ vehicles (e.g., convertibles, motorcycles, etc.).
- Using peelings and/or creams that contain Glycolic acid or Retin-A on the neck and/or face.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages (in excess) and using products that contain nicotine.
How Many Microblading Sessions are Necessary to See Results?
Every client is unique; however, each new procedure will require a minimum of two visits with the second microblading session being booked no sooner than 30 days from the first treatment. After the two initial sessions, if the client returns for a third appointment, another treatment can be performed at that time.
How Long Do the Results Last?
Although the results attained during this treatment do not wash off, they are considered semi-permanent because as time passes the results will fade. Typically, clients return annually for a color boost treatment. Some clients can wait even longer, returning every two years.
The frequency of color boost sessions depends on several factors, including:
- The client’s lifestyle – unless their eyebrow tattoo is protected, clients who spend a lot of time in the sun will need to return more frequently than those who do not. The rays of the sun soften the look of the tattoo; therefore, once their eyebrows have healed completely, to prolong the life of their brow enhancement, clients are encouraged to use sunblock on their eyebrows. Also, during the first few weeks following their microblading session, clients should wear a hat while spending time in the sun.
- The color of pigment used – the lighter colors (e.g., blonde, pearl, etc.) tend to fade quicker than the darker (e.g., truffle, brown, etc.) colors do.
- The skin’s absorption rate – the slower the skin absorbs the pigment, the longer the color will last.
- Other facial treatments performed – if the treated brow areas come into contact with other facial treatments (e.g., chemical peels), the longevity of the results may be affected.
Final Results – What Clients Need to Know
Each skin type is unique, which means that the breakdown rate and how long the skin holds the ink varies greatly from one patient to the next; therefore, final results cannot be guaranteed.At the patient’s second session, the skin will be re-evaluated and, if necessary, the brow artist will make changes to the client’s original microblading plan.
Is the Microblading Procedure Safe?
This procedure is safe as long as it is performed by an experienced eyebrow artist at a reputable beauty bar or spa. While complications are always possible, choosing an inexperienced eyebrow artist increases the likelihood that complications will result.
Potential complications following a microblading procedure include:
- An allergic reaction.
- A poor aesthetic outcome.
- Permanent scarring.
Risks Associated with the Eyebrow Treatment
For the most part, the risks associated with this procedure mirror those seen with other kinds of tattoos.
Risks include blood borne diseases:
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
- Hepatitis B.
- Hepatitis C.
At Coco Lash Beauty Bar, our eyebrow artists always open brand new sterile, disposable needles in front of our clients to help ease fears relatng to bloodborne pathogen transmision. We are regulated and held accountable by the Board of Health. Clients should feel free to request this courtesy from their eyebrow artist during their treatment.
How Much Does a Microblading Treatment at the Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Cost?
Prior to receiving treatment, clients consult with one of the experienced brow artists at the Coco Lash Beauty Bar. This consultation costs $25; however, if the client books a microblading session, this $25 is applied towards that initial treatment.
Initial Microblading Session – $500
Follow-Up Session (45 to 60 days after the initial session) – $100
After the first treatment session, most people need a touch-up to attain the look they desire. During the follow-up appointment, the eyebrow artist can add to, adjust and/or darken the eyebrows. The soonest a client can return for a follow-up appointment is 30 days after the initial microblading session. Ideally, the follow-up session will be scheduled at some point between 45 to 60 days of the initial procedure. A follow-up appointment that is scheduled after the 60-day, follow-up time-frame will be considered a ‘color boost’ appointment (see pricing below).
Color Boost (12 to 24 months after the initial session) – starting at $175
This is a maintenance appointment for clients who have already had their first microblading session and their follow-up appointment; however, a color boost appointment is also used for those who neglected to schedule their initial procedure’s follow-up session within the 60-day time-frame.
At the Coco Lash Beauty Bar in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, our brow artists have mastered the microblading procedure. Each artist is dedicated to making the entire process a comfortable and relaxing experience for the client. Choosing an experienced, certified, eyebrow artist helps reduce the likelihood of complications. To learn more about the procedures available at the Coco Lash Beauty Bar, contact us today at (225) 361-0227. If you prefer, you can use our online form to schedule an appointment. We are located at 11017 Perkins Road, Suite C, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Please note: Our parking and main entrance are located at the back of the building.